According to WorldWideWebSize.com, as of August 24, 2009, the Indexed Web contains at least 21.88 billion pages. It is crucial that your site looks current and stands out (positively) when your audience visits it or they will continue on to one of the other billions of pages.
Do you stand apart from your competitors and other sites that your audiences visit? It may be time to consider refreshing/re-doing your Web site if:
- a. Your color scheme is similar to key competitors.
- b. The design says “I’m from 2000” instead of “I’m ready for 2010!”
- c. You’ve added information over time to the site and it lacks logical organization.
- d. It’s difficult for visitors to locate the information they want most.
- e. The site has an excessive amount of words.
- f. The content hasn’t been updated in the last year.
It’s important to develop sites with a strategic layout and design that reflect the corporate culture and key messages. A Web site should always be designed with the content in mind.
As you read the criteria above and start thinking to yourself, “We need to create a new site or update our old one,” TVG has the team of copy writers, designers and Web programmers to make your dream Web site a reality.