Wow, is it already Friday! This week really flew by. Here are some highlights, information, news and lessons learned to take with you as you start your weekend.
- Is BP doing the right thing? Check out our crisis team’s take on the Gulf oil spill in our most recent Insight publication. What is your take on how BP has handled communications in the crisis? Share your thoughts in the blog comment section.
- Last Friday the St. Louis Business-Journal published a business guide to social media along with their normal weekly print edition. Be sure to check out TVG’s ad on our social media program and software, Pulse.
- I go through phases of social media and communication blogs I visit on a regular basis. Lately, I’ve been enjoying Jay Baer’s Convince & Convert. A recent post highlights some great stats about Twitter. If you aren’t on Twitter yet, these stats may convince and convert you into a believer. (Sorry for the pun, I couldn’t resist).
- You can probably find a new example everyday on how the Internet and social media have changed the way we consume news and communicate. This week the flooding in Nashville is a shining example. Hundreds of home videos and first hand accounts of the devastation have been filling the news and social media. Luckily these tools are also helping to drive support and fundraising for recovery efforts.
- Lastly, happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. Need a last minute card for your mom? Check out one of JibJab’s fun e-cards.
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? This week we have a last minute bonus item! Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (one of my favorite movies of all time) is being played out on Twitter and Foursquare today. You can follow Ferris, his sister Jeanie, girlfriend Sloane and even Mr. Rooney! Enjoy all.