Happy Friday the 13th everyone! We’re about halfway through August, and it’s been another exciting week. Here’s a few of the stories we’ve been following:
- The St. Louis Cardinals and Cincinnati Reds generated the highest rating ever on Fox Sports Midwest this week. The teams were already battling for first place in the NL Central, add to that a few choice words from Reds’ Brandon Phillips and a brawl during the first inning of the series and it’s no surprise people tuned in.
- Recent spikes in the heat index have created dangerous conditions for anyone who is outside for prolonged periods of time in the St. Louis region. TVG’s client, Waste Management, compiled a list of warning signs for heat-related illness, which was featured on KMOV this week.
- This week, TVG’s President and CEO, Donna Vandiver spoke to St. Louis-based InnovateVMS about social media. InnovateVMS is a venture mentoring service of Innovate St. Louis and Donna discussed with the group how to use social media for startups.
- Twitter launched their new “Tweet Button” this week. The button lets readers share website content more quickly and includes a comprehensive count of how many times a URL has been shared. Any tweet from a site’s Tweet Button will also include an @mention of that site’s Twitter account.
- TVG’s pro-bono client, the Walk to Washington, sets out from St. Louis this Saturday on the 50-day, 835-mile walk from St. Louis to Washington, D.C. The walkers hope to get one million signatures on a petition to raise awareness for depression. Click here to sign the petition and learn more.