The three-day weekend is almost here! Before you head out, catch up on what was new this week:
- The FTC recently announced action against a public relations firm for violating the Endorsement Guides for advertising. This case highlights the importance of abiding by the principles of truth in advertising in online endorsements and testimonials.
- St. Louisans have plenty of opportunities to get out and try something new this Labor Day weekend. From Blues music to a Greek Festival to the Japanese Festival, check out the variety of events that let you experience the world this weekend, without ever leaving home.
- President Obama formally ended the U.S. combat role in Iraq this week with a nationally televised address from the Oval Office. And officials from Mariner Energy, which owns the well that exploded yesterday in the Gulf of Mexico, will take their turn answering to Congress, following in the footsteps of BP and Transocean. Are you ready to deliver your message under pressure? TVG offers media training to make sure you’re prepared for press conferences, interviews, speeches and other moments in the spotlight.
- Sanford-Brown College, a TVG client, appointed new leaders at two of their campuses this week. Tina Seidel is the new president of Sanford-Brown College—Hazelwood and Doug Goodwin is the new campus director for Sanford-Brown College—Collinsville.
- Apple launched the latest version of iTunes this week, but this time with a social media twist. Apple’s new service, Ping, allows users to follow their friends and favorite bands, see their friends’ top downloads and share opinions on songs or albums.
Have a fun, safe holiday weekend! See you all next week!