Lots of exciting things going on this week. Here’s what TVG was buzzing about:
- This week is the last chance to win $1,500 in free PR work from TVG. All you have to do is visit the TVG website and fill out this form before Sept. 30.
- The film “The Social Network” premieres next week and casts Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg in a not-so-elegant light. Zuckerberg announced a $100 million donation to the public schools of Newark, NJ this week, a move that has Forbes.com asking its readers, “Was the gift heartfelt or cunning PR?” What do you think?
- The results were in this week as the Brooklyn-based MVVA Team was chosen to undertake the St. Louis Archgrounds redesign project. The selection committee chose MVVA for their solid methodology, intelligence and clear technical support for their designs.
- Bar patrons will be able to snag free beer on Sept. 29 thanks to an Anheuser-Busch marketing move. Using a large advertising campaign and drinker engagement on Facebook, the beer giant hopes to take a chunk back from smaller craft brews. Will this kind of exposure be good in the long-run?
- Foursquare adds a new function to its popular geo-location app, as users may now unlock badges by completing tasks, as well as checking in. So far, they’re working with RunKeeper to track workouts (IE – run 26 miles and 285 meters to get the Marathon badge), and more task-related badges will soon be making their way to mobile devices.